Cardiology has always been a mainstay in Liège. Cardiovascular research and care in Liège is organized in different, specialized departments and multi-disciplinary teams encompassing scientists, specialists in cardiology, experts in imaging, cardiovascular surgeons, and engineers interact on daily basis.
Through this maze of internal networks between the ULg and the CHU, we aim to become a reference center for personalized treatment. We are excited to expand our external collaborations even more with academic and industrial partners.
As such, we can support your cardiology projects throughout its development pathway by providing:
- Extensive insight in the genetic and molecular processes behind thrombosis
- Mathematical models of the cardiovascular system
- Expertise in ex vivo functional tests
- Various dedicated animal models to study cardiovascular diseases
- Clinical experience in monitoring and management of various cardio-pathologies
- Specialized imaging techniques