The University of Liège (ULg), the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (CHU) de Liège, Janssen Pharmaceutica and Janssen-Cilag have signed on February 2nd a charter to launch their collaboration, aiming at strengthening their mutual competences in the setting-up and execution of multidisciplinary research projects and thus, accelerating patient access to medical innovations.
The objective is to promote the operational networking of academic, hospital and industrial expertise in five medical innovation domains:
- Acceleration and optimization of clinical research through access to a pan-European project facilitating the exchange of data between research centers
- Intensification of Phase I research of new drugs for cancer, type II diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis
- Interdisciplinary collaboration and exchange of technological and scientific knowledge in drug development and production
- Collaboration for improved patient outcome by (1) developing the innovative concept of home hospitalization as a form of oncological patient care and (2) improving the healthcare pathway of cancerous patients
- Access to the JLINX investment and incubator model on the Janssen campus in Beerse
Picture © Michel Houet: from left to right, Tom Aelbrecht (Janssen Pharmaceutica), Pr. Rudi Cloots (ULg), Sonja Willems (Janssen Benelux), Julien Compère (CHU de Liège).