Valvular Heart Disease
Our team has been working for 10 years on valvular heart disease and highlighted several factors of poor clinical outcome through biomarker assay (BNP, ST2, etc), the use of advanced echocardiographic techniques (study of myocardial deformation, ultrasound effort, etc) and the assessment of functional capacity.
CHU de Liège has created the ‘Heart Valve Clinic’, regrouping a multidisciplinary team of cardiologists, nurses, radiologists, anaesthesiologists and surgeons:
- Proficient in diagnosing and treating all cardiac valve syndromes and disorders. This involves sophisticated cardiac valve symptoms recognition, diagnostic techniques such as three-dimensional echocardiography, cardiac magnetic resonance, cardiac CT and cardiac catheterization
- Providing help in optimizing and monitoring medical treatment
- Assisting the general cardiologists for clinical decision-making
- Determining the correct timing and type of intervention
- Referring the patient to the most suitable surgeon
- Assessing results after intervention
- Informing patients to motivate them to follow their prescribed medications and be alert for signs indicating a worsening of their disease
Looking for clinical advice or support, or preparing for a clinical study? We will help you set up a cost-effective and time-efficient study! Get in touch with our experts [email@example.com].