Electrophysiology project aims at a better understanding of the role of various types of ionic channels in the modulation of neuronal activity. More particularly, it helps to:
- Evaluate the role of various ionic channels (SK K+ channels, M type K+ channels, voltage gated Na+, K+ and Ca²+ channels) in the control of the excitability of mesencephalic monoaminergic neurons
- Better understand the biophysical properties of the proteins making up these channels
- Discover new selective modulators of these channels, able to cross the blood-brain barrier, with the hope to design future interesting central nervous system medications
Researchers at GIGA have developed different types of recording such as:
- Extracellular or intracellular recordings on rodent brain slices
- Patch clamp on cell lines or rodent brain slices
Contact [email@example.com] us to discuss how these capabilities can forward your projects! We will help you develop tailored solutions.